Ethics in Leadership by Six Sigma - Lean Six Sigma & Quality Resources | Six Sigma IQ - IQPC

I over heard some one, while at work the other day say, "We're not in Business to be good citizens, we're in business to make money." that shook me from my rose hued cloud of Idealism and wishful thinking that I normally swim in. I had to stop and think, if that is true, if that is an underlying social norm, do I want to be part of a business that thinks this way, and secondly is there a way to counteract that thought process. Is it really true? Do business's in general, exist in some kind of ethically ambiguous netherworld that ignores social contract and what ever it is that allows people to live within a social organism? The video below, introduces the concept of Leaders defining Ethical norms by example. Is there a way to run a business Ethically? `

1Ethics in Leadership by Six Sigma - Lean Six Sigma & Quality Resources | Six Sigma IQ - IQPC

No comments: